Welcome to the P&F page!
Here, you will find the following information:
- Who we are and why we exist
- How to contact us
- How to keep yourself in the loop with current events
- How to join in on what we do
- Some of our previous achievements
- Our fundraising efforts
Who we are and why we exist
- To encourage, advise and assist with general community involvement in the activities of the school.
- To encourage and assist with general parent education in childhood development and education at the pre-school and primary level with regard to Montessori method of education
- To cooperate with the School Council in matters of mutual concern, including public awareness within the wider community.
- To expend or invest, for the benefit of the children attending the school, all amounts received for this purpose.
Click here P&F Constitution to open or download the P&F Constitution.
Current committee members are:
Chair: Erin Wilson E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Tim Lovett E: email@example.com
Treasurer: Jo Teasdale E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the above members or directly to the school office at email@example.com for more information.
How to keep yourself in the loop with current events
Check out the new P&F Facebook Page here: P&F Facebook Page
You can like the page and add it to your favourites to make sure you get notifications of activity. We will often put out a call for help and support and you can just pop your name in the comments space in any given post.
Click here Margaret River Montessori Facebook Page to see what else is happening at the school and keep your eyes on the calendar here Margmont Calendar or the homepage for P&F events and meetings too.
Past achievements include funding for:
- Music Department’s built in cupboards for all musical instruments
- Revamp of the Tea Room to assist our volunteers in their efforts including coffee machine, new furniture, crockery, etc for meetings and school events.
- Design and purchase of a new, upgraded Middle Primary playground including sensorial installations
- Design and purchase of a new, Nature Play, sensorial Junior Playground, including mushroom table and stools, shade tunnel, Teepee, limestone retaining wall, veggie beds..the list goes on….
- Memorial bench for our Maddie Powell.
- 2016 funding mainly went to the Wetlands Restoration Project including Boardwalk building, weeding, management, etc..
- 2017 funding is directed at a new natural playscape area for our MP and UP children including a couple of life size “megasaurus” sculptures.
In order to fund these essential elements of our school, we have had the pleasure of organising many fun and interesting fundraising events. Every year, our signature fundraiser is the Cowpat Lotto which earns the P&F (and therefore the school) $9,000 dollars. Click here for How it works CPL document which explains it all and click here for the guide to How to sell your tickets CPL for our school families and parents.